Thursday 4 September 2008

The Novel and the fishes


After a period of self-doubt, things suddenly seem to conspire in my favour. As I began to experience unprecedented despair last week about my writing and my increasing boredom at work, my horoscope read as follows: “
If you’re not pursuing a career that is meaningful, don’t worry. The right opportunity will come along when you concentrate on the activities that bring you joy.” Talk about divine intervention! Speaking of which, meeting the Divine David Hoyle at Club Brenda the other week implanted a seed in my brain which has grown into an idea that will allow me to move my final character on to his destiny, just in the nick of time too as I had a day booked off from work to write and was worried I’d hit a brick wall and would just sit there all day sobbing onto the keyboard, drinking coffee and listening to Adele’s ‘Hometown Glory’ on repeat. Instead I actually wrote. Click.



2 comments:

Phil said...

I knew there was something fishy. Pisces? Meet a fellow Piscean, moi. And I keep reading those same "keep on doing what you love 'cos it'll all come good in the end" horoscopes. In fact, I'm taking a whole week off to do my thing!

Manhattanchester said...

It's in the stars boyo, good for you. I'm almost on a day off a week to do my writing. My desk is piled up with crap when I return but I feel serene enough to not give a crap, it's a lovely feeling. All the best people are Pisces donchaknow ...