Friday 18 September 2009

Wisdom, wit, insight, words

“My bedroom window can be seen from the viewing deck
of the World Trade Centre. I’ve seen it.
What I saw?

My roommate experimenting with my vibrator.
She looked lovely through sheer curtains
on my creamy bed. Is she thinking of me?
Brenda Shaughnessy


“All wars are wars among thieves who are too cowardly to fight and who therefore induce the young manhood of the whole world to do the fighting for them”
Emma Goldman


“The dream is over. It's just the same, only I'm thirty, and a lot of people have got long hair. That's what it is, man, nothing happened except we grew up”
John Lennon



“If you’re a sexist, a racist, a homophobe, don’t buy this CD. I don’t care if you like me, I hate you”
Kurt Cobain


“Protect me from what I want”
Jenny Holzer




“As I became a Smith, I used flowers because Oscar Wilde always used flowers. He once went to the Colorado salt mines and addressed a mass of miners there. He started the speech with, 'Let me tell you why we worship the daffodil'. Of course, he was stoned to death”
Morrissey


“Ken is an intellect born from within. His roots lie under the cobbles and the ghosts of his family are there”
William Roache




“Pray to God and say the lines”
Bette Davis


“I’m not nothing”
Muriel Heslop


“I stood on one leg and then the other reflecting how odd it was that whereas men like Mr Schultz and me folded our money neatly, no matter if our wad was thin or thick, women like my mother and little Rebecca squeezed theirs in a ball and held it, forgetting to let go, whether they sat in a distraction of candled grief with a shawl over their heads or lay on the ground and were fucked two times for a dollar”
E. L. Doctorow, Billy Bathgate




“You’re born naked and the rest’s drag”
Lily Savage


“You really can’t be something that you’re not”
Brett Anderson


“I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image”
Stephen Hawking





“I drive a Rolls Royce, ‘cos it’s good for my voice”
Marc Bolan


“Homosexuals are hated everywhere in the world”
Larry Kramer




“I do not hesitate one second to state clearly and unmistakably: I belong to the American resistance movement which fights against American imperialism, just as the resistance movement fought against Hitler”
Paul Robeson


“All music is folk music, I ain't never heard no horse sing”
Louis Armstrong




“Know thyself and thou shall know all the mysteries of the gods and of the universe”
Socrates


“You better know yourself little girl”
Aisleyne, Big Brother

No comments: