Wednesday 10 February 2010

Suede are back ...

What to believe in, it’s impossible to say …’


But no, it’s really happening, Suede are reforming for a one-off charity gig at the Royal Albert Hall in March and thanks to two wonderful wonderful people, I have a ticket. It will be Suede 2.0 of course, Bernard will never be coaxed back for guitar duties now, nor for The Tears I suspect, should anyone ever ask.




I will have to consult the dusty archives but I reckon this will be lucky Suede gig number thirteen for me. I have blogged about my love affair with these boys before so you can imagine just how excited I am. Maybe you can’t. It’s eighteen years since I first saw them play. How have I gotten so old? If you start going to gigs aged thirteen it certainly helps age you, in more ways than one.




I saw Brett play solo last night at Manchester Student Union (a smaller venue than I ever saw Suede in) and in typical Suede-esque tradition the songs are a far better prospect live than on record. Brett’s voice is as clear, camp and cutting as ever, perhaps more so, the Albert Hall is going to be superb, I can feel it in my joints.


So here’s my dream set list for the evening …

Be My God
Painted People
Shipbuilding
Asda Town
Art
Dolly
Popstar
Poor Little Rich Girl
He’s Gone
Implement Yeah!
Rent
Where The Pigs Don’t Fly
Brass In Pocket

Encore:
Simon
Oceans
Eno’s Introducing The Band



‘LOLZ’ etc. I’m kidding of course. Here’s the real thing …

Trash
The Drowners
Electricity
Heroine
Beautiful Ones
So Young
Filmstar
Moving
The Wild Ones
She
Killing Of A Flashboy
Animal Nitrate
Still Life

Encore:
My Insatiable One
We Are The Pigs
The Next Life



See you in London …



‘We’ll stick like sick on the stars …’



No comments: