Thursday 20 September 2012

New headphones ...


Is it just me or does everyone else end up buying new headphones every couple of months? I’m fed up of it. To date I have been through two of those little white thingies for my iPhone, a black pair of similar, two sets of those gym ones that go over your ears (lost the rubber ear-shaped thing both times), then I bust my lovely Sony MDR-V500s in a messy DJ brawl one Halloween. Now I DJ with some shiny Numark Redwaves but those bad boys don't leave the house unless it's for a  gig. So for everyday use I've plumped for some Sennheiser HD 201s. So far I like them. They’re sounding great from my stereo, my iPhone 4S and my laptop. They make the most of the volume and I'm hearing neat little treble detail I never heard before, plus they keep the bass in and the city out. I have a problem with weighty headphones that dig the sides of my glasses into my head. These do not; they are light, and the cushions line the outside of your ears so your ears can breathe and your glasses aren’t pressured. It would be better if they had the cable going to just one side of the headphones, but it’s a minor quibble. I’m taking extra good care of them...






No comments: